Answer the following questions briefly. 1. Name the group of islands lying in the Arabian sea. Ans. It is Lakshadweep Islands that lie in the Arabian Sea. 2. Name the countries which are larger than India. Ans. Those countries are – Russia, China, USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil. 3. Which island group of
1. Answer the following questions. (i) Name any three common minerals used by you every day. Ans. Salt, Gold and Copper are three common minerals used everyday (ii) What is an ore? Where are the ores of metallic minerals generally located? Ans. Rocks from which minerals are mined are known as ores.
1. Answer the following questions. (i) Which are the two main climatic factors responsible for soil formation? Ans. Temperature and rainfall are the two main climatic factors responsible for soil formation. (ii) Write any two reasons for land degradation today. Ans. Deforestation and the indiscriminate use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers in
Answer the following questions. 1. Why are resources unequally distributed all over the earth? Ans. Distribution of resources depends upon number of physical factors like geographical terrain, landscape, altitude and climate. And because these factors differ so much from region to region that is why resources are also unequally found on
1. Answer the following questions. (a) What are the two types of deserts found in the world? Ans. (i) Hot desert and (ii) Cold desert (b) In which continent is the Sahara desert located? Ans. Africa. (c) What are the climatic conditions of the Ladakh desert? Ans. The climatic conditions of the Ladakh
1. Answer the following questions. (i) What are the Temperate Grasslands of North America called? Ans. Prairies. (ii) What are the cattle farms in the North American Grasslands known as? Ans. Ranches. (iii) Name the rivers that drain the Velds. Ans. (a) River Orange and (b) River Limpopo. (iv) When is the rainy
1. Answer the following questions. (i) What are the four means of transport? Ans. Roadways, Railways, Waterways & Airways. (ii) What do you understand by the term ‘settlement’? Ans. Settlements are places where people built their homes. (iii) Which are the activities practiced by the rural people? Ans. Activities practiced by the rural
1. Answer the following questions. (i) Which are the two factors on which the growth of vegetation mostly depends? Ans. Two factors on which the growth of vegetation depend are : (i) temperature and (ii) moisture. (ii) Which are the three broad categories of natural vegetation? Ans. They are :- Forest Grassland