Answer the following questions briefly.
1. Name the group of islands lying in the Arabian sea.
Ans. It is Lakshadweep Islands that lie in the Arabian Sea.
2. Name the countries which are larger than India.
Ans. Those countries are – Russia, China, USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil.
3. Which island group of India lies to its south-east?
Ans. It is Andaman and Nicobar islands that lie in the south east of India.
4. Which island countries are our southern neighbors?
Ans. There are only two southern neighbors of India and they are – Maldives and Sri Lanka.
5. The sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat in the west but the watches show the same time. How does this happen?
Ans. From Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh, time lag is of two hours. The Standard Meridian of India is (82°30’E) which passes through Mirzapur (in Uttar Pradesh). This standard meridian time is taken as the standard time for the whole country.
6. The central location of India at the head of the Indian Ocean is considered of great significance. Why?
Ans. India has strategic location in the world catering to both the countries of East and West Asia. India is a southward extension of the Asian Continent. Other than India, no other country has this long coastline on the Indian ocean. India has an eminent geographical position that’s why the Indian ocean is also named after it. On the western coast of the Indian peninsular, India has close contact with West Asia, Africa and Europe and with Southeast and East Asia from the eastern coast.
Thanks sir your vedios are helping me a lot in my studies.😄
May god bless