1. Answer the following questions. (i) Why are people considered a resource? Ans. People are a nation’s greatest resource. Nature’s bounty becomes significant only when people find it useful. It is people with their demands and abilities that turn them into ‘resources’. Hence, human resource is the ultimate resource. (ii) What
1. Answer the following questions. (i) What is meant by the term ‘industry’? Ans. Industry refers to an economic activity that is concerned with production of goods, extraction of minerals or the provision of services. That’s why we have iron and steel industry (production of goods), coal mining industry (extraction of
1. Answer the following questions. (i) What is agriculture? Ans. Agriculture is a primary activity. It includes growing crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers and rearing of livestock. Two-thirds of India’s population is still dependent on agriculture. (ii) Name the factors influencing agriculture? Ans. Agricultural activity is concentrated in those regions of the
1. Answer the following questions. (i) Name any three common minerals used by you every day. Ans. Salt, Gold and Copper are three common minerals used everyday (ii) What is an ore? Where are the ores of metallic minerals generally located? Ans. Rocks from which minerals are mined are known as ores.
1. Answer the following questions. (i) Which are the two main climatic factors responsible for soil formation? Ans. Temperature and rainfall are the two main climatic factors responsible for soil formation. (ii) Write any two reasons for land degradation today. Ans. Deforestation and the indiscriminate use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers in
Answer the following questions. 1. Why are resources unequally distributed all over the earth? Ans. Distribution of resources depends upon number of physical factors like geographical terrain, landscape, altitude and climate. And because these factors differ so much from region to region that is why resources are also unequally found on